Friday, June 26, 2015

2015 Kitchen Experiment #3- Monkey Bread

     I'd seen it, I'd seen people's faces light up in its presence, but I had never tried it or knew what it was made of exactly. Then, I found a recipe in a compilation put together by my mother-in-law's ladies' church group, The Merrymakers. This group of Southern belles gathered together all their kitchen secrets and published a beautiful book to raise funds for their church. I've been looking through it the way you look through an old trunk preserved as a time capsule in someone's attic, and it does contain a treasure trove of recipes, from appetizers to desserts and everything in between.
     I looked at the ingredients and the prep time and it seemed innocuous and something I could manage. Simple, inexpensive and oh my! the results.

Ingredients:

3 cans of biscuits
3 cups of sugar
6 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 sticks of butter, melted

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Separate and cut the biscuits in quarters. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Dip each quarter in melted butter and then dredge through sugar and cinnamon mix. Drop them into a greased tube pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes.

I served it with salted caramel ice cream, but even a cup of coffee will do just fine. Enjoy!
BB Free ©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment