Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Burger & Beer Joint

     John's relentless quest for blue-chip burgers seems hopeless to me at times, but his determination pays off occasionally. Today he was successful. Even I got excited looking at the menu- the witty names for their signature burgers, the inspired combinations, the extensive selection of ingredients to help you design your own creation. The Joint shows serious reverence for burger worshipping.
 
     I decided I would try one of their signatures, but I couldn't decide if I wanted the Sympathy for the Devil, the Freebird, or the Wild Thing. Are you getting the theme? I finally chose to "rock 'n roll" with the Wild Thing, half a pound of bison meat on a brioche bun with blue cheese, garlic aioli, and my new friend, tomato jam. The burger was cooked to my specified medium, and the combination of the strong blue cheese with the subtle, sweet tomato jam made every bite a celebration of flavor. For the duration of the meal, I wanted to put tomato jam on everything. My burger came with a side of rich and savory duck fat fries.
    John put on his hard hat and built his own. He chose his classic beef, cooked medium, bacon, red onion, and American cheese, accompanied by onion rings. A wide smile appeared on his face, and his eyes lit up after just the first bite. When Hubby is this pleased with his food, the meal takes on a whole new hue. The side element consisted of four enormous onion rings barely touched by batter and gently fried, which made them a light complement to the headlining burger.
     And I would be remiss not to make a parenthetical note about The Motherburger, a manhole-sized ten pounds of premium Angus beef with lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle. If that's not a complete burger for you, there is the option of adding cheese, toppings, and sauce. The price is $125, but if you can finish it within two hours, it's free, and you can save the money for cholesterol medication. May the Force be with you.
   
     Dessert presented us with two options- The King, Fried Twinkies, or Maroon, Fried Oreos, both accompanied by vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. We chose the Twinkies and were not impressed. It seems the creamy center melted into the cake when fried because I couldn't find it. In fact, I didn't even taste the cake. It was more like chunks of fried dough. A hot/cold/sweet combination always provides some satisfaction at the end of a meal, but this dessert didn't match the quality of the burgers. That's okay, though. The burgers are so good, its forgivable.
     B&B has made an undeniable commitment to offering quality burgers. They want you to love your burger experience, and they want you to come back. Done and done.

BB Free ©2017

No comments:

Post a Comment